Copyright © 1999–2018 FastMail Pty Ltd
Welcome to the inaugural FastMail Advent Blog. One post per day for the next 24 days.
I wrote that up in more detail, with links to blog posts about what FastMail does to address various categories of security risk, and suddenly found myself with something much too long for a single blog post. I wanted to split it up into separate posts, and then started thinking about frequency - and meanwhile my daughters were asking about advent calendars for the year, and it clicked.
We've been promising to blog more about some of our technology, and also about some of the less-well-known features - here was a perfect opportunity. You won't just be hearing from me, I'm going to try to get everyone to write up something about their areas of expertise.
There's a fine internet tradition in what we're doing here, check out the perl advent calendar for example. They've been doing it for years.
All the days are now complete. Here are links to the individual posts:
- Email Search System
- Security - Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Push it real good
- Standalone Mail Servers
- Security - Integrity
- User authentication
- Automated installation
- Squire: FastMail's rich text editor
- Email Authentication
- Security - Availability
- FastMail Support
- FastMail’s MySQL Replication: Multi-Master, Fault Tollerance, Performance. Pick Any Three
- FastMail DNS hosting
- On Duty!
- Putting the fast in FastMail: Loading your mailbox quickly
- Security - Confidentiality
- Billing and Payments — a potted history
- Open-sourcing OvertureJS – the JS lib that powers FastMail
- File Storage
- CardDAV Beta Release
- JMAP — A better way to email
- Working at FastMail