Copyright © 1999–2016 FastMail Pty Ltd
Operamail.com is finally back where it belongs: Hosted and run directly by Opera Software.
Over the past few months, we've been preparing for the migration of operamail.com to Fastmail's servers. That migration has finally started today. Over the last hour, we've switched across the domain operamail.com to point to Fastmail's servers, so users going to http://www.operamail.com will see the new login screen. Existing users can login with their existing operamail.com username and password (see below regarding some accounts showing a different name after logging in)
Any new email will be delivered directly to your new Fastmail based account, however we have to migrate existing email from the old servers to the Fastmail servers, so you may not immediately see all existing folders and emails. We're doing that in the background, and prioritising users based on their most recent login time, so over the next few hours, you should see all your existing folders and email re-appear in your account.
We've also migrated across all other information we could, such as address books, some preferences, etc.
A quick summary of some of the advantages of Fastmail over the existing accounts
- Increased storage and paid levels with huge amounts of storage
- Ability to access your email with email software (eg Opera Mail (M2), Thunderbird, Windows Mail, etc) via IMAP
- A fast and powerful web interface
- Heaps of extra features: host your own domain, online file storage, chat service, one-time passwords, etc
- Login problems - For a short time during the migration some users could not login. This should be fixed now
- Username changed - Some users had usernames on the old server that were not compatible with the new server. In those cases, we've renamed the account name to a new name, but we've created an alias so email sent to your old email address still goes to your account, and you can login with your old account name. In fact the only difference you'll notice is the username in the top right hand corner when you login is shown differently, and system notification emails will mention your new account name, not the old account name