Copyright © 1999–2018 FastMail Pty Ltd
Windows 7 has a built in WebDAV client that allows you to access your FastMail file storage area as just another drive on your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Click on “Computer” in the sidebar list at the left
- Click “Map network drive” on the button list at the top of the window
- Select a Drive letter to map to (Z: is the default)
- Enter https://dav.messagingengine.com/ as the Folder to connect to
- You’ll be prompted for your username (use your full username including the @domain part) and password, and whether you want to automatically remember those login credentials in the future
Unfortunately by default, you’ll probably find that accessing files and directories is very slow, with a multi-second pause between any action. You can speed this up by doing the following:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools –> Internet Options –> Connections (tab) –> LAN Settings (Button) and then uncheck the “Automatically detect settings” checkbox.
- Click Ok (button) and Ok (button) again to close the dialogs, then quit Internet Explorer
You should find WebDAV access performance is considerably improved